Friday 30 November 2007

Happy Days

Well i have to say the last week or so have been on the whole some of the better weeks i have had in a long time, that is if you disregard the horrible migranes i have been having, and then the meds i have been taking to try and cure them, have been making me REALLY tired, i slept through almost all my lectures on Thursday, luckily my lecturer is an understanding person...:S..
I am going to start a fresh next week though, making sure i get up for breakfast at least 3 times in the week, Preferably 5, but considering i have managed about 1 last week, 3 would be a step in the right direction...Tehehe.
I had Toby come stay with me in Halls last weekend, and i was really pleased how well he got on with all my friends, or all the ones he met anyways, which was actually a large number of them, He seems to be under the impression that i am only capable of making friends with Strange people, and I think it is more i am not very good at staying friends with Boring people...Hehe.
Had a really good thanksgiving, even though technically i don't celebrate it, Me, Adam and Chris, had dinner and drinks with Andy and his girlfriend Kat, who cooked a wonderful meal, and then me, Adam and Chris ventured into town, to the club Po Na Na's, which i hadn't been to before, and was a pleasant surprise, And not too busy on the whole, might have been partly to do with the late hour at which we arrived there, but either way was a nice evening.
While Toby was visiting several things happened, i will start with the bad news first, my 360 died, and i mean really Dead died, the dreaded 3 red lights, that all 360 owners live in fear of seeing...Hehe, I was actually nearly crying, I don't know what i would do with out it, I tried leaving it for a day, but no joy, i even tried putting it different ways up, but no, In the end, i decided there was only one thing for it. I still have my reciept so i decided to take a chance on Game giving me an exchangem given that the date on the reciept is so Faded you can't tell when i bought it, And can you believe my luck, they fell for it, Hook line and Sinker, and gave me an exchange for a brand spanking new one, I was having to try desperately not to laugh at them in the shop, and i got out of the shop and practically danced over to Filipe to tell him...Hehe. It has been working great, i am going to download all my arcade games again, and then i am going to get any new ones i fancy, and then update it again, Worse case senario i am back where i was before, with a few extra games a quieter disk drive, a 360 with more heat sinks and an HDMI port on the back, Is a win/win situation.
We also had a really good night on saturday night, we had a "floor party" which means quite simply we had a party on our floor of halls, just silly drinking games, everything from "flip cup" to "I have never...", the later being the most enlightening of games, and the little devils in the group, as well as the angels showed their true colours, but was a great deal of fun. and much more up my street than trecking into town everytime we want a party, though not that i don't enjoy doing that now and then.
But generally i am being more sociable than i have been in quite sometime, and i am genuinally enjoying it too, which is a little bit of a first for me, and while i have always enjoyed company i have not been one for the night life and the like, but now i feel so much more comforable in my own skin and with who i am, that i don't feel like i need to hide away, and i am ready to let go of some of the inhibions, that have held me back for so long, and i feel that if i can be really happy like this, then the world has know limits to how happy i can be.

No comments: